Friday, May 22, 2009

And So I Write

This blog doesn't get much attention these days. My life is very full of activity. Most of it is good, but navigating all of it is difficult. I make parameters concerning what I will do and how I will choose to spend my time and yet those boundaries always get pushed against. Let's be honest here, I probably still have way too much on my list. Busyness helps me accomplish more. One could laugh at the obviousness of that statement, but for me there is a deeper meaning. I organize my time better when I am on the busy side. If I have tons of space in my days I can let the time slip by unaccounted for.

Don't get me wrong, I value quiet and space and I also make sure (most of the time) that I have built that into the schedule, too. The stress level decreases if I allow for some calm places, even if they are scheduled.

I was somewhat sidetracked about why I haven't been writing as much, but let's return to the blog, which was my intent in writing today. I enjoy writing it and I took it up for the purpose of doing just that, writing. I believe the more we write the greater opportunity to become a better writer. The truth is I want to be a better songwriter, but all writing helps our writing. Somewhere along the line, I have hoped that beyond my practice and discipline that readers would enjoy the blog. I suppose my initial hope should be that there would actually be readers and that perhaps they would comment.

The reader (and sometimes, listener) help you to know if your words make sense or if they have any impact whatsoever. Music alone can move someone and touch the emotions, but add a powerful lyric and you can speak deep to the heart and soul. I'd love to make a difference with my words. It would be great to have readers and listeners, but something inside me compels me to write and so my writing continues regardless.

1 comment:

SongNote said...

Hi Deb :-) I love that you write for the sake of it, to 'let out' what is in you whether people read it or not....and yet here I am! Isn't it funny how that works!? I enjoyed your thoughtful writing. Would love to hear some songs. Any recordings to share?