Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Grateful

I have so many things to do today as we are heading out of town this afternoon, but I am compelled to write.......

On Sunday at church we focused on having a heart of gratitude. I have the privilege of working alongside the staff and helping to put the Sunday service together. This week's theme was, "It's Not Just a Holiday". Our hope was to encourage the congregation to be grateful in all things, to have a spirit of thanksgiving daily, not just once a year. We reminded them of God's faithfulness and trustworthiness and that He is worthy of our praise.

Last Friday I had the privilege and honor of singing in a funeral for a young man. He was only fourteen and most of his life he spent in a wheel chair as his body slowly deteriorated. What never faded on this young man was his smile. He blessed so many people in his short life. He radiated a heart of gratitude even if he couldn't form the words to express it.

I want to share with you the words of the song I sang. It is my prayer. I hope it becomes yours, too.

A Living Prayer
In this world I walk alone
With no place to call my home
But there's One who holds my hand
The rugged road through barren lands
The way is dark, the road is steep
But He's become my eyes to see
The strength to climb, my griefs to bear
The Savior lives inside me there
In Your love I find release
A haven from my unbelief
Take my life and let me be
A living prayer, my God to Thee
In these trials of life I find
Another voice inside my mind
He comforts me and bids me live
Inside the love the Father gives
In Your love I find release
A haven from my unbelief
Take my life and let me be
A living prayer, my God to Thee
Take my life and let me be
A living prayer, my God to Thee
By
Ron Block
No one ever said that this life would be easy. I am so grateful that I don't walk it alone. He is there always and He has given me you to walk beside me on this earthly journey. My heart is filled with gratitude!!!

"I thank my God every time I remember you.......And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ--to the glory and praise of God." Phil. 1: 3 & 9

No comments: