Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Anyway

Ever think about why you actually do the things you do? There are a few things in my life that I occasionally sit back and just ponder. 

Some of them have to do with relationships. Let's face it building into and with people can be difficult. It takes time, energy and patience. Honestly, sometimes it would be easier to walk away. Even if the tie is strong, people leave us and our hearts break with the parting. The separation may be due to a broken relationship, but could also be that our lives have taken different paths, or perhaps because of death. So why do I continue to do it? Well, because I've learned that loving people is worth it. It's hard and it can painful, but my life would be empty without them. 

There are some other things I do though, that may not be as important, but I still am compelled to do them. Playing the piano (taking lessons) and writing songs are two examples of these for me. Why now? Why at this point in my life? To what end? The answers for me are not complete. They do however lead to another question...why not?

I hope there are areas in your life that you ask yourself the same thing. If you never stop to ask the questions, then maybe you are barreling through your life, letting it sort of come at you, reacting to it, but not really living it. Or maybe you've gotten stuck in the "why bother" mode. Don't do that! Live! Ponder! Ask questions! Live some more!

I've included a song lyric, that you may not have heard if you don't listen to country music. It would be a shame to miss it. I must confess that it does leave me with another question, though...why didn't I write it? Enjoy!


Anyway
(Martina McBride)
You can spend your whole life building
Something from
nothin'
One storm can come and blow it all away
Build it anyway

You can chase a dream
That seems so out of reach
And you know it might not ever come your way
Dream it anyway

God is great
But sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray
It doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway
I do it anyway

This world's gone crazy
It's hard to believe
That tomorrow will be better than today
Believe it anyway

You can love someone with all your heart
For all the right reasons
In a moment they can choose to walk away
Love 'em anyway

God is great
But sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray
It doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway
Yea - I do it anyway

You can pour your soul out singing
A song you believe in
That tomorrow they'll forget you ever sang
Sing it anyway
Yea, sing it anyway
Yeah, yeah!

I sing
I dream
I love anyway

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, too, sometimes wonder about why I do certain things, although I do not have the creative drive that you have been gifted with! I do love to worship the Lord and pray that my motivation is more about Him than about me! :) Have a wonderful day ,Deb! Love from Italia- Jen