Thursday, April 30, 2009

Restless...

I have been restless lately, like I am just on the verge of....something. I've been here before and have found that God is usually at the heart of it. I keep scanning the horizon, but the problem is I don't know which direction to keep my eyes peeled. Maybe my ear needs to be to the ground instead. What is this restlessness? Am I to be watching, waiting, or stepping into it? Is He preparing me for change of some kind? Change, as we all know, can wear many faces. There may be signifigant loss in my future, maybe bright promise or even reward unfolding.

Reward? Now there is something I don't think of often. Heavenly reward for sure, but here on earth? I think more in terms of doing what He calls me to and often even having to press forward in that with effort because it can be difficult. No, a pat on the back, leading to change, isn't what I would naturally be watchful for in this restlessness.

Is there loss up ahead for me? Of course there is somewhere down the road, but what about just around the next bend. Will it turn my life as I know it upside-down? I don't want to linger too long on this path of thinking. I am aware that loss can happen anywhere at any time. That's enough.

But still, I feel like something is going to happen....I'm restless. So I wait and watch.

"My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning..." Psalm 130:

No comments: