Saturday, October 30, 2010

Carry on...

This evening I was posting an update on facebook. I meant to write the word carrying, but wrote the word caring instead. I found my mistake and corrected it, but it got me to thinking about the words and their relationship to one another. You could say they sound very similar. In a verbal conversation you might have to rely on content to understand what the speaker meant.

The spelling of the two words are of course different and they have quite different meanings really, but tonight I saw them in a whole new light for some reason. Could it be that when we care about another person, that is, caring for them, that we are carrying them somehow. When we care for another we help them carry their burdens, we help lighten their load.

Carry on...

No comments: