Monday, October 20, 2008

Timeless travel that feels like forever

I am home. I have that light-headed dizzy feeling that often accompanies time change travel. It was a bumpy ride home. We didn't get to upgrade our seats for the return trip, so we were back in coach the whole time. For the majority of the world, that isn't a big deal, but when your travel mate / husband is 6'7" it becomes an issue. He is sort of like origami on these flights, all folded up and he can't help it, but his space kind of slips into your space. That is difficult at best, but we also had a crying baby, an extremely loud snorer and air turbulence. I don't know for sure, but the turbulence could have been caused by the guy snoring. He was something to behold! Every breath he took in, all the air was sucked out of the compartment and then like a strong gale, he blew it back out again. No wonder the baby was crying. I wanted to cry, too.

We left Nagoya at 1:00 pm and landed in Detroit at 11 am, two hours before we left. It is kind of crazy when you think about it. We should feel like we got time back, but in actually I lost a whole night (of sleep, anyway). My last post mentioned how much I appreciate my bed. I think I'm headed that way now before my head floats off my shoulders. Okay, I know it won't really, it just feels that way.

It was a great trip, but it is also great to be back.....

No comments: