Thursday, September 11, 2008

Wasted Time?

Today I decided to work on a project I started awhile back. I needed to do two things. I had to rework a bed skirt so I could actually use it on my bed. A bed skirt usually has a large piece of material that goes under the box spring and then has fabric on three sides that hang to the floor (the skirt). My bed has slats across it supporting the box spring, so it won't allow the fabric to hang down. I cut the large section of fabric off and then finished the raw edge. Now I need to attach velcro to the skirt part and to my bed frame and just hang it along the sides. It makes sense and will work even if you can't picture it. The second thing I was doing was taking the extra fabric and making a long ring of fabric to put around the box spring. It would look so much better than just an exposed box spring. I spent quite a bit of time on it and was weary of sewing when another much better idea dawned on me. I could just purchase another sheet, flat or fitted would work and cover the box spring with that. I could even choose a variety of colors that would compliment my comforter and other bedding. It would be so simple and still look nice.

I was a little frustrated with myself for wasting so much time when I could have been doing something that was actually productive. Then I remembered that unlike those on the Texas and Louisana coast, I am not boarding up my home and heading for high country. Nor am I hunkering down to endure hurricane Ike. I just wasted a little of my time sewing something I really didn't need to. It's not a big deal! I won't waste the rest of my evening as I pray for those in the storm.

No comments: